Friday, September 27, 2013

Poem Analysis: Daddy's day.

Daddy's Day Cheryl Costello

 "My Daddy couldn't be here,
 because he lives so far away.
 But I know he wishes he could be,
 since this is such a special day.

 And though you cannot meet him,
 I wanted you to know.
 All about my daddy,
 and how much he loves me so.

 He loved to tell me stories
 he taught me to ride my bike.
 He surprised me with red roses,
 and taught me to fly a kite.

 We used to share fudge sundaes,
 and ice cream in a cone.
 And though you cannot see him,
 I'm not standing here alone.

 "Cause my daddy's always with me,
 even though we are apart
 I know because he told me,
 he'll forever be in my heart"

 With that, her little hand reached up,
 and lay across her chest.
 Feeling her own heartbeat,
 beneath her favorite dress.

 And when she dropped her hand back down,
 staring straight into the crowd.
 She finished with a voice so soft,
 but its message clear and loud.

 "I love my daddy very much, he's my shining star.
 And if he could, he'd be here,
 but heaven's just too far."

 This is a poem written by Cheryl Costello and in this extract we're able to see 8 stanzas and 32 verses, on it we can find different rethorycal devices such as rhyme, rhyme is present on verses 2-4, 14-16, 17-19, 18-20, 30-32. On the first stanza we have a trimeter feet, on the second stanza we have a dimeter feet, in the third stanza we are able to identify a trimeter feet, as well we have a trimeter feet on the fourth stanza, in the fifth one we have a trimeter stanza and as well on the sixth and seventh stanza. This extract has a structure of 7 stanzas of 4 verses each.

No comments:

Post a Comment